Like I was saying. . .

Like most blogs, this is just a compilation of stuff that occupies my mind.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Where to start?

I used to journal every day. That was before I met Matt and I really had no one to talk to, and an awful lot of time on my hands. I met Matt just over 7 years ago. Has it been 7? Or forever? Either way, it's been a very, very long time since I've done anything like this.

So where do I start?

I guess I'll just do what FlyLady says (does anyone ever stick with that? I mean seriously, who wants to Windex their kitchen sink 500 times a day?): she says start where you are.

So here I am. I'm 26, married for 6 years, I have two kids. Sounds pretty mundane. Feels that way sometimes.

Just recently, I've decided that I'm too wrapped up in my family. I don't mean that I'm giving up my responsibilities here at home, or unappreciative of what I have. Because goodness knows, I love my family more than anything. But somewhere in the last 7 years I settled into the moulds of Matt's girlfriend, then Matt's wife, then Abby's mom, then Anna's mom. For a long time I forgot that Jennifer was in there somewhere, and I'm ready to find her again. My family will be better for it too. Just since making the decision of finding my way again, I'm much easier to live with, I think.

Frustration has a way of suffocating the passion out of you. Existing, rather than living, makes the kind of naggy, angry, overbearing housewife and mom that sitcoms are made of. I've watched myself become that person for the last several years, and recently came to the realization that I don't want to be that woman that I watch and pity on prime time TV.

So I'm going to start getting out. I'm doing things that I like to do again. I'm taking care of myself again (makeup? Skincare? Clothes without elastic? We're falling in love all over again). I'm starting a business. I'm starting a blog. I'm feeling better already.,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home