Like I was saying. . .

Like most blogs, this is just a compilation of stuff that occupies my mind.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Echos of former dreams.

I'm listening to some of my favorite arias. From Lakme, La Traviata, Madame Butterfly. . . my throat aches. It's a feeling I've always had. I hear this beautiful music from these amazing, powerful, delicate, controlled voices and I LONG to be able to do that. Longing to the point that I physically and literally feel it in my throat. For my short stint in college I studied vocal performance and had a voice coach. She had me doing some things I never thought I could do. I loved it. I lived it! But I think that part of the reason I quit college was that I knew early on that I didn't have "it"- that natural, amazing talent that the professional opera singers have.

I have two hopes for the next life: one, to be free of the disease that has so affected my life (more on that another time), and two, to be able to do with my voice what I feel in my heart musically.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Longing to the point that I physically and literally feel it in my throat

    that happens to me, as well.
    It sounds like you have more ability musically than I have. I wonder why I yearn to sing when I can't and why music is so emotional for me, but something I don't know a thing about.
    :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home