Like I was saying. . .

Like most blogs, this is just a compilation of stuff that occupies my mind.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Go plant some roses, dammit!

Matt made me mad this morning. Okay, hurt my feelings. Just a typical married thing, nothing big, but I got upset. So I went and bought roses. That was the logical thing to do, right? I went to Lowe's with a $10 off coupon and bought 2 rose bushes and some gruondcover for a flowerbed in the front yard.

I left the house without saying anything and waited for him to call the cell and ask what I was doing. He didn't. So then I was mad that either he didn't notice I was gone, or he was playing stupid games. Then I realized that I was the one playing stupid games. Darn. So I called him and asked what kind of roses he wanted.

I guess it could look like I was being passive-aggressive. He hurts my feelings, I go out and buy something to plant. He hates yardwork. But in all actuality, I had planned to plant them myself. I got home and he did it for me. We worked outside together for awhile and by the time we were done it seemed like the hard feelings had been buried with the roses.

When we were first married, we used to get into these terrible fights. Well maybe not terrible based on lots of other married people, but terrible compared to now. It's nice to know that we've reached a point where yelling and crying and struggling isn't always necessary to iron things out. It's been a long time since we got into and argument, and this time was a nice, calm, easy resolution that just took a little bit of seperation and then working side by side to beautify the home we've been making together. I just really love the comfort, calm, and understanding that we've grown into.

More people should plant roses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home