Like I was saying. . .

Like most blogs, this is just a compilation of stuff that occupies my mind.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Are you ever just tired?

I don't just mean physically. I mean every part of your self just gives out.

Maybe I'm trying to do too much, I don't know. The problem is, if I don't do too much, we sink. I just feel like, for all my effort and everything I'm trying so hard to accomplish, there isn't much progress happening.

Money is interesting. It drives so many things. For some it is a source of comfort, for some it is power, for many it is security. On the other hand it can be a great stressor, or a horrible temptation.

But it's necessary.

I really think I could live the law of consecration with no problem. It's so hard to see material injustices. Some people work so hard to hold on to the little bit that they have, and others have more handed to them than they know what to do with. Living in an absolute community, where everyone is contributing their talents, and everyone has what they need and then some, regardless of the *type* of contribution they make. . . that would really be heaven. Not as it is now, where some moral-dereft entertainer lives the high life, while teachers and military servicemen and mothers are so poorly compensated (or not at all) for the important work that they do.

My thoughts are jumbled but that's very fitting. That's how my head is right now. Claustrophobic. Usually when I try to think things through, I can find at least one path of clarity, but today it just seems that wherever my thoughts and ideas lead me, I remain stuck where I am.

Definitely not for lack of effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home