Like I was saying. . .

Like most blogs, this is just a compilation of stuff that occupies my mind.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Postpartum Depression.

Crap. I thought I dodged the bullet this time. But it's becoming very clear that there is a source for the despair and helplessness I'm feeling. Yes, folks, I have PPD again. At least now that I've recognized it, I can fight it.

On another topic, why do women have to be so dang dramatic? This time in reference to someone I serve with at church. She has a problem with me. I don't do things the way she does. But instead of confronting it head-on and telling me straight out if there's really a problem (she is my superior, of sorts), she uses backhanded compliments and passive-aggressive stunts to undermine me. It's really starting to upset me. I talked to the lady that is over both of us a couple of weeks ago. I think she called because this first lady in question has been complaining to her about me. Anyway, I told the pres that I have obligations to my family this month, so I wouldn't be as available. . . but I also told her that that would change, and that I am commited to my calling. She said that was fine, that things happen that way sometimes, and that I need to take care of my family. But clearly I need to talk to her again and make sure it really IS fine, because Ms. Superior is having a cow over something that shouldn't be an issue, and I certainly don't want to be "fired" or pegged inactive or whatever this lady is trying to accomplish by doing these things to me.

Anna is 5 months old now. What a fun age. She's big enough that she's out of that fragile newborn stage. She's chunky and cuddly and has a great sense of humor and a contagious laugh. Abby is 3 years and 2 months. She is growing and learning so quickly. She says things that alternately shock me and crack me up. Who knew a 3 year old could have such sophisticated ideas about things, let alone the ability to articulately express those ideas? I guess with a mother who is so very fond of talking, she would learn to talk early on, as well.

Matt will hopefully start school soon. Business is picking up for me; hopefully that trend will continue. We are, as anyone, trying to strike balance in our lives. Unfortunately when you wear many hats, something somewhere gets neglected. But we are trying, and improving all the time.

And I'll continue to fight this beast called Postpartum Depression until it's gone again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home