Like I was saying. . .

Like most blogs, this is just a compilation of stuff that occupies my mind.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

My favorite song

Lately my favorite song is "Reasons Why" by Nickel Creek. I've heard it a hundred times, but a few months ago it was like I was hearing it for the first time, and it really resonated with me. It was one of the things that pushed me towards being more honest with myself. Being realistic about my faults and my good points, and being more responsible and accountable for my life and the things I do. I always had reasons, but if you really cut away at so many of those reasons they are excuses, and they can be overcome. Also about how we can so easily and quickly slip away from where we want to be. How we can make choices that adversely affect our circumstances, and still blame God even though it's our own agency that brought us to the "ladder against the wrong wall" Here are the words:

Where am I today, I wish that I knew
'Cause looking around there's no sign of you
I don't remember one jump or one leap
Just quiet steps away from your lead

I'm holding my heart out but clutching it too
Feeling this short of a love that we once knew
I'm calling this home when it's not even close
Playing the role with nerves left exposed

Standing on a darkened stage
Stumbling through the lines
Others have excuses
But I have my reasons why

We get distracted by the dreams of our own
But nobody's happy while feeling alone
And knowing how hard it hurts when we fall
We lean another ladder against the wrong wall

And climb high to the highest rung
To shake fists at the sky
While others have excuses
I have my reasons why

With so much deception
It's hard not to wander away
It's hard not to wander away
It's hard not to wander away

2 Comments:

  • At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how about a brownie blizzard? heeehee
    maybe we could split one ;)
    T

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    obviously I posted on the wrong one, OOPS sorry. I dont know how to edit my response.
    I really like that song too. and its totally true, like you said, "I always had reasons, but if you really cut away at so many of those reasons they are excuses, and they can be overcome."
    sometimes it takes digging down deep to realize that some things CAN be overcome, we CAN change some things, even if its hard or hurts like hell.
    I've been thinking about this topic myself lately. thanks for the additional push.
    T

     

Post a Comment

<< Home